Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fool me once....

Ok, so in this scenario I guess I'm the fool and/or its been so long that I've forgotten what it's like to be the mother of a boy!

Rocket man did it again. And I'm talking like tidal wave pee.

I started to change him.

Without a changing mat, on my side of the bed. I know I know...

Was it a Leap of faith on my part? I say stupidity.

I knew he was already wet so I thought it was a no-brainer.

(Nonsense. In the future- TRUST NO ONE)

Next thing I knew a shower hit me. For a second I thought we had a leak in our ceiling or it was raining inside and why was no one else wet? (Yes- I really did..)

My mouth was open and I'm pretty sure I was screaming. It was like a fire hose, shooting everywhere and I had to get a handle on it.

Once I conquered the dragon (so to speak), I accessed the damage.

Jeez buddy! What is that kid drinking??

Luckily the closest it got to my FACE was my neck... and possibly part of my pony tail.

"NO!!!!!!!!" I told him.

My sweet daughter said "NO mommy! Be nice to him! He's just a baby!!!"

She's got a point.

When will I ever learn???

I did wash the sheets right away this time. There was no getting around it.

By the way, I'm pretty sure he's too young to really understand what happened, but I could of sworn he was enjoying every second. His face read "Seriously-how many times are you gonna fall for that one?!"

2 comments:

  1. As a mum of three boys I had a wry grin on my face when I read this post :-) one of the joys of boys! X

    ReplyDelete

Kind words are always welcome(!) Unkind ones-not so much (ya big meanies!) ;)